The Bay Area Affordable Homeownership Alliance, Inc., or BAAHA, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was formed as the successor organization of a public joint powers authority, the East Bay Delta Housing & Finance Agency (AKA the Bay Area HomeBuyer Agency). BAAHA's mission is to promote homeownership for low to moderate income and workforce homebuyers in the San Francisco Bay Area region.
We will accomplish our mission by:
- The development of an extensive affordable homeownership clearinghouse. The clearinghouse will serve as a resource and services center that will be accessible to homebuyers, current Below Market Rate unit (BMR) owners, real estate professionals, and municipalities and agencies participating in affordable homeownership programs.
- Providing access to education and counseling services that are available throughout the region - including sponsorship and delivery of homebuyer program workshops and specialized workshops for Below Market Rate (BMR) unit homebuyers.
- Design, implementation, coordination, and delivery of resources and services to promote and augment the development and genesis of affordable homeownership programs in the area.
- Championing initiatives and activities that help foster affordable homeownership- such as employer assistance programs, BMR default prevention and preservation of programs, and expansion of meaningful, well coordinated and leveraged down-payment assistance programs.
Primary areas of focus on services and resources provided by BAAHA include, and are not limited to:
- Affordable Homeownership Program development and administrative services directed to support municipalities, agencies, real estate industry professionals, and employers.
- A broad range of resources and support services for existing Below Market Rate (BMR) unit homeowners.
- Resources and support services for low to moderate income (up to 150% AMI - source: http://www.hcd.ca.gov) homebuyers.